VBS 2015: Everything You Need to Know
In a few weeks, we will be journeying off the map with Lifeway’s VBS! I am super excited about this year’s VBS! The lime green shirts will be looking cool, the music will be rock’n, and our kids are going to be making some awesome memories! And honestly, the only thing better than the activities will be the teaching! Each day as our kids’ journey off the map, they will encounter the gospel. As they study Daniel and a bunch of other stories, our kids will see that God doesn’t want them just be good citizens. They will leave knowing that they need to repent and embrace Christ as their God. I can’t wait see how God will use us via His Word to save the lost!
As you continue to get pumped for VBS and start registering your kids at fbceastman.com, I want to keep you up-to-date on all of the latest changes:
- We switched back to Lifeway. Although I still think, Answers in Genesis produces a great VBS curriculum, I believe Lifeway is now even better. For more on the benefits of using Journey off the Map see Above.
- We will be starting 30 minutes later this year! VBS will begin at 6:30 PM.
- We are replacing meals with snacks to maximize our teaching time.
- Preschoolers will not go to the worship rally. To minimize chaos and to create a great welcoming space, all kids Age 4 and under will be dropped off and picked up in their CMC classrooms.
- All preregistered kindergarteners -8th graders can be dropped off in the sanctuary. All unregistered students will register at the tables around the fellowship hall. All kids will be picked up from their CMC classrooms (Tangled Branch Tree Houses).
- Parents must have their parent card (You’ll get your card when you drop off your child) to pick up a child. If you lose your parent card, go to the CMC welcome desk! I hope you and your family plan to journey off the map with us!
- To serve in VBS, you must be at least 16 years of age and been a church member for 6 month. If you want an official invitation to serve, this is it! We want you own our VBS team! We will have a leadership meeting on Sunday June 14 at 4:30 PM! See you there!
- We will end our Friday Night VBS Celebration with a meal! Immediately following the closing ceremony all kids and their parents are invited to eat dinner in the FBCE fellowship hall!
I truly believe VBS 2015 is going to be amazing!
Please join in praying for our VBS leaders and our students. Pray for God to give life to the spiritual dead. Pray for safety. And pray that no one and nothing will hinder the proclamation of the gospel! It’s time to get excited about VBS 2015! It’s time to see God work!
How about you? Are you excited about VBS? What’s your best VBS memory as either a kid or a teacher?