FBCE’s 2017 VBS is going to be…(wait for it)…Amazing!
In Psalm 119:9, we read these striking words:
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.
Our kids do not need Iphones, YouTube videos, understanding teachers, or a proper hate of gum smacking to make it in this crazy world. They need the Word of God. God’s Word keeps them from folly, sin, destruction. God’s Word contains all that they (and we) need for life and godliness. It has been rightfully dubbed the most amazing book of all time!
Because God’s Word is so essential to our kids’ well-being, I am excited to announce that this year’s VBS will be dedicated to exploring The Bible. Our kids will learn about how the Bible was made and about its amazing message of salvation. Trust me, you will want your kids to be at FBCE on June 5 at 6:30PM!
Our kids will spend the week of June 5-9 (Monday-Friday) exploring God’s Word with the help of a Polar Bear, an Artic Hare, a Musk OX, a Narwhal, and a Husky. All children PreK-8th grade are invited to come explore the Artic Circle with us.
We encourage parents to drop off their children in the Children’s Ministry Center (CMC) shortly before 6:30PM. By the time your kids finish their nightly exploration, they will have played games, eaten an amazing snack (I’ve peaked; yes we have some really good food on the way), learned new songs, made a creative craft, and heard the gospel clearly proclaimed. Our VBS explorations will end at 8:30PM each night. Children will be picked up in their CMC classroom. If you do not know where their classroom is, check your parent sticker or swing by the CMC welcome desk.
Important Things To Know
We have several exciting changes to reveal this year
1. VBS will go all week, Monday – Friday. VBS begins at 6:30PM and ends at 8:30PM.
2. When you arrive at 6:30PM, come to the Children’s Ministry Center to check-in. Do NOT go to the sanctuary or youth building (station).
3. We will have incredible snacks each night. But we do NOT serve dinner. We encourage kids to eat before they come to VBS.
4. There is no cost to attend. You can buy T-shirts, hats, devotional books, CDs, and other items in the VBS store located in C103. Prices are posted in the room.
5. We will close out our VBS week with a Sunday night Worship Celebration and Ice Cream Party on Sunday, June 11 at 6PM. On Friday night, we will follow our normal week-day-schedule.